Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Pine needle syrup

Pine needle Syrup

22 May 2018 


In the spring we make pine syrup after we harvest the new pine spruce. We use the syrup for Christmas cocktails because of the rich flavor or when we are sick.
My husband made a vodka pine flavor last year and he loved the idea. This year he is gone try again.
Go and have fun foraging the pine trees with your family. We did this year a photo shoot also. Imagine my little one asking for photos near the small trees. It was a great day to spend with my family.
Ingredients:
– 4 cups fresh pine spruce needles
– 8 Cups water
– 2 cup sugar
Directions:
In a saucepan combine the needles with water. Cook until liquid is reduced about 40 minutes. Stir the sugar until completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
I replaced the sugar with honey. I liked it too.
Most of the recipes say to refrigerate for 1 month. I can tell you that I have syrup since 2 years ago and is great. I put them in small bottles.
My favorite drink is 2 teaspoons of syrup and ½ liter of water. In the summer make refreshment out of this cocktail with mint leaves, lemon and lots of ice.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment